This project is read-only.
7

Resolved

"Cannot import webpart" after upgrade to v1.1

description

Installing v1.1 ran finely without errors, enabling in Site collection also, but trying to add the web part gives "Cannot import this webpart" (however, the previous version was ok).

file attachments

comments

jneal wrote May 13, 2008 at 4:53 PM

I have the same issue.

I was using this webpart on pages without meeting sites (since that created issues in older version.)

Since that issue has been stated as fixed, I decided to upgrade to this new version.

I installed 1.1 and it ran without errors, it is enabled in my site collection.

I get the same error when I try to import the webpart, now it is 100% broken.


I guess the way to re-create this error would be, install v1.0 on a site, verify the webpart works.

Then install v.1.1 and use the upgrade option during the instillation. I Was so excited when I saw this update, now I am bummed, I am sure it must be some really silly problem with the upgrade.

Thanks so much for your hard work.

wrote May 13, 2008 at 4:54 PM

wrote May 13, 2008 at 4:54 PM

jneal wrote May 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM

There is an additional issue, or message to whats new webparts that existed on a page before the upgrade.

I am attaching what the message says on that as well.

To repeat, install v.1 then add a web-part to a page, then install v1.1 and you can see this same message on the page.

wrote May 13, 2008 at 4:56 PM

wrote May 13, 2008 at 5:59 PM

wrote May 14, 2008 at 9:50 PM

wrote May 16, 2008 at 3:12 PM

NiskyPTO wrote May 16, 2008 at 3:19 PM

I had totally removed V1 due to issues reported elsewhere before I installed (not upgraded) V1.1 - I get the same error. I also tried to install 1.1 manually (command line) and get the same error.

wrote Jun 25, 2008 at 11:16 AM

wrote Jul 19, 2008 at 1:51 PM

JanTielens wrote Aug 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM

This is a known issue. When you have problems upgrading, following these steps:
  • remove all what's new web parts from your pages (optional)
  • deactivate the feature
  • manually remove the web parts from the web parts gallery (found in the top level site settings)
  • upgrade to v1.1 (skip if you are already running 1.1)
  • activate the feature, so the web part gallery will be updated
  • add the what's new web part to your pages again

wrote Aug 26, 2008 at 11:59 AM

wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

wrote Jun 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM