To make use of the Autocomplete Text Field, first add it to a SharePoint list or document library:
For every column that uses the Autocomplete Text Field, you can set following properties:
- Column name: the name of the column
- Description: the description of the column
- Required: if the column should contain text or if it can stay empty
- Lookup list: the list in which the column should do the lookup, this list can be selected from a dropdown
- Autocomplete interval: the number of milliseconds after which the lookup list will appear
- Items to display: the maximum number of items to display in the lookup list
- Minimum prefix length: the minimum number of charactes which should be typed before the lookup list will appear
- Delimiter characters: a list of characters which will be used as a delimiter to be able to add multiple lookup items. If this value is empty, users can only lookup a single item.
- Show animations: enable or disable the fading effects when the lookup list is shown or hidden
That's it, now the new column can be used!