Upgrade visifire v2.3.2 or newer

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Anyone have the instruction on to upgrade to newer version of visifire?  Current the SmartTools.Chart is using 2.0.8 beta and I need the lastest visifire component for newer feature

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM

After I install the SmartTools, the Visifire just rocks. great tool, I noticed visifire upgrade their version so I download visifire_v3.0_alpha and uncompress in a folder.

Later look in one of our sharepoint web servers for visifire...

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\SmartTools.Charts

Foun on the Hive 12 under TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\SmartTools.Charts...

If you dive into this folder you will see:

Visifire2.js

SL.Visifire.Charts.xap

Thos files are from teh original installation of the webpart... well the same files exist on the visifre_v3.0_alpha.. so what I did is backup the original files in case break something later copy from the alpha the files:

Visifire.js and SL.Visifire.Charts.xap

You must do this in every web server of your Sharepoint farm. once you do this the charts should be upgraded.

Can't wait until the Smarttools gets the new release keep doing the great job guys.

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM
dinooz wrote:

After I install the SmartTools, the Visifire just rocks. great tool, I noticed visifire upgrade their version so I download visifire_v3.0_alpha and uncompress in a folder.

Later look in one of our sharepoint web servers for visifire...

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\SmartTools.Charts

Foun on the Hive 12 under TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\SmartTools.Charts...

If you dive into this folder you will see:

Visifire2.js

SL.Visifire.Charts.xap

Thos files are from teh original installation of the webpart... well the same files exist on the visifre_v3.0_alpha.. so what I did is backup the original files in case break something later copy from the alpha the files:

Visifire.js and SL.Visifire.Charts.xap

You must do this in every web server of your Sharepoint farm. once you do this the charts should be upgraded.

Can't wait until the Smarttools gets the new release keep doing the great job guys.

Thanks for the response.  I did try your solution earlier before posting the question but still error exist (see below).  Basically, I'm want to use new feature on visifire 2.3.2 DataPointWidth.

Error Log Version=2.0.8 Beta:
--------------------------------
1) Copy & Paste the contents of this log in www.visifire.com/forums for support.

2) Exception: 2012 An error has occurred. [Line: 2 Position: 164]

3) XML:
<vc:Chart xmlns:vc="clr-namespace:Visifire.Charts;assembly=SLVisifire.Charts" Width="700" Height="300" BorderThickness="0"  AnimationEnabled="True" DataPointWidth="10"   >  <vc:Chart.AxesX>    <vc:Axis>  <vc:Axis.Grids>        <vc:ChartGrid Enabled="True" />      </vc:Axis.Grids>    </vc:Axis>  </vc:Chart.AxesX>  <vc:Chart.AxesY>    <vc:Axis>      <vc:Axis.Grids> <vc:ChartGrid InterlacedColor="AliceBlue"/>       <vc:ChartGrid Enabled="True" />      </vc:Axis.Grids>    </vc:Axis>  </vc:Chart.AxesY>  <vc:Chart.Series>    <vc:DataSeries RenderAs="Column" AxisYType="Primary" >      <vc:DataSeries.DataPoints>        <vc:DataPoint LabelStyle="Inside" AxisXLabel="10-01-2009" YValue="20" LabelText="10-01-2009" LabelFontSize="12"/><vc:DataPoint LabelStyle="Inside" AxisXLabel="10-02-2009" YValue="22" LabelText="10-02-2009" LabelFontSize="12"/><vc:DataPoint LabelStyle="Inside" AxisXLabel="10-03-2009" YValue="12" LabelText="10-03-2009" LabelFontSize="12"/><vc:DataPoint LabelStyle="Inside" AxisXLabel="10-04-2009" YValue="6" LabelText="10-04-2009" LabelFontSize="12"/><vc:DataPoint LabelStyle="Inside" AxisXLabel="10-05-2009"