Link problems of What's New WebPart

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:29 AM

It's really a wonderful tool for me!

I have  installed the What's New webpart to two of my test servers, one has been installed WSS3.0, another one with MOSS2007.

My problems are:

1, In my WSS3.0 test server, the tool works beautifully, but the link of item is link to a display page, not the item file ? 
       How can I make it link to the file? So that, my users can click the link to see the file.

2, In my MOSS2007 test server, I run into a " link not found " error when I click at the item link.
       What can I do? I really need this tool to run in my MOSS server.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Hello, this is a very nice webpart.

1. I agree with user "jecoso" tho have the page-link to go to the item itself instead of opening the item properties. Could this be implemented in next release please ?

2. I also want to report a small issue . When I created a new News Page at 15:35 then the time on the What's New webpart shows 17:35 . I verified the Regional settings on both webs and they correspond. Is this perhaps a bug ?

Thanks

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Yes, yes, yes!  I may not be able to use this great web part because it goes to the properties page rather than the item.  Is there a way to fix this?  Has anyone done it in the source?

1. I agree with user "jecoso" tho have the page-link to go to the item itself instead of opening the item properties. Could this be implemented in next release please ?