SharePoint List Chart webpart showing blank

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Hi Jan,

I have added sharepoint list chart webpart, but when i add the list to the webpart, it showing blank instead of chart,
could you please help me to resolve this.

Thanks
Meera

Feb 16, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I was able to add the webpart and specify the list, but the chart does not show and there are no error messages. I have Silverlight installed.

Has anyone got this webpart to work? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Feb 17, 2009 at 6:49 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2009 at 7:12 AM
In order to resolve the above issues, you need to do the needfull.

After installing Silverlight 2.0, .NET 3.5 with SP1.

Please register the following MIME Types (to be on a safer side, take a backup of metabase.xml (C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv) before adding MIME types via IIS.)
  • .xap     application/x-silverlight-app
  • .xaml    application/xaml+xml
  • .xbap    application/x-ms-xbap

Find interesting Sharepoint articles on: www.mehulbhuva.blogspot.com

Find my new tool on CodePlex, Sharepoint List Security Manager, http://www.codeplex.com/ListSecurityManager

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Thanks mehulbhuva! That worked!
Feb 23, 2009 at 9:06 AM
I am facing same problem if i am selecting any master page other than default.master.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM
usmanazmat, probably the master page that you are using is not having the AdditionalPageHead content placeholder.
Feb 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Thanks alot, i was missing this tag and after inserting it charts are working  

<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/>
Mar 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem. Web part showing blank. I do have the tag that you mentioned above.

I think I followed the instructions how to install Silverlight Chart Web part properly. But, still I get white space where chart is suppose to be on my Sharepoint page. I installed 3.5 .NET Framowork and Silverlight 2 on the server. I added .xap, xaml, xps and xbap MIME types to my IIS server as well. I do have a list on the page that Chart points to.

I saw that somebody said that he enabled the feature. Is this required, because I don't see Chart Web part in the list of the features in Sharepoint Central Admin.

Server box is WIN 2003 64-bit virtual server and IIS is version 6.

I did install it on one server and it works fine. But on the other box is showing up blank. It drives me crazy. I did exactlly the same thing on both servers. Any known issues with 64 bit or virtual boxes? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Goran Djordjevic

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:17 AM
I Had the same problem and it soleved by delete the browser cache :-).
Meron Fridman
Mar 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Meron,

Unfortunatelly it didn't fix it. I don't get any errors, it shows the chart title, but nothing below, where the chart is suppose to be rendered.

Thanks,

Goran

Jun 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM

I am having the same problem with the chatrs being blank, when u say to add this tag "<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="AdditionalPageHead" AllowMultipleControls="true"/>" how where and when? sory to sound a novice. i have added the MIME's.

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Check that the values of your Label columns do not have single quotes or apostrophes.. for example:  Dan's Title

If you have even one, that will fail this component and you will receive no error at all...only a blank web part. I'm posting this as a separate issue so hopefully it can be managed.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for the reply, i have checked and have no characters but letters in all my list columns, my boss is about to pay bamboo for a chart web part so i want to impress him by getting this working before he goes ahead with payment! thier web part is good but doesnt have the nice looks this one has! Any other ideas?

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:11 AM

@mehulbhuva

Thanks!  This was the problem I was having. 

FYI - I'm running Silverlight v3 with no issues.