SmartTools for SP2010?

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Hi there.

Is SmartTools going to be available for the upcoming SharePoint 2010 at some point?

The reason why I'm asking is the What's new web part...
At least in SP2010 beta 2, there is a "What's new" web part as a standard web part, but it displays new items from lists only and not e.g. document libraries.

-Pekka Kinnunen

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I'd absolutely love to see the Smart Tools Web Parts for use in SP 2010!!  The Chart Web Part sipped with SP 20+10 is only available with an Enterprise license and the web part is kind of tricky to use. I don't get how I have to confirgure it to just count the number of items and group all items i.e. by category without having to use an "Amount" column.  Smart Tools "List Chart (Grouped)" web part does this easily any without any trouble.

Will we see these Smart Tools web parts available for 2010 soon? If so, I'm looking forward to it!

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I definitely agree - this is one of those Codeplex projects I keep in my "SPAdmin Toolkit" folder and consider a must on any farm. Not having it for 2010 is like missing the right size screwdriver when you need it. If I had the skill, I'd port the code over myself but unfortunately I'm still in the stage of tearing apart other people's code, so not quiiiiiiiiiiiite there yet.

Thank you very much for this tool, and please please please make a 2010 version as soon as you can.